Here is some of the children's writing that they did about a fireman saving a kitten from a fire. We were pretending that we were reporters and reporting it back to the local people:
The courageous fireman
Breaking News! The citizens of Auckland that live on the same street woke up to a burnt down house and the owners left behind an unsaved kitten that was unconscious.
when the firemen arrived they extinguished the fire in the house and they saw an unconscious kitten lying on the ground. When the firemen scooped up the minuscule kitten, he went out of the house and informed the chief to get the oxygen mask ready. He strapped the oxygen mask onto the kitten and then he put freezing water on it to give it a shock.
When the emergency was over, they took the kitten to the local vet and gave it back to its owner.
The Heroic Save
Breaking News! In the quiet streets of Auckland, a house in a street burst into flames and all the people were safe but a 5 week old kitten was still in the house.
When the heroic firefighter came, they got the hose out and spread water on the flames and when the firefighters had extinguished the fire they went into the house with their bright torches. He saw a kitten lying on the floor.
When the fireman came out, he informed the chief to get the oxygen mask ready. The firefighter put the oxygen mask on the freezing kittens face and then put freezing cold water over it to give it a shock. Finally the kitten woke up!
The firefighters brought the kitten to the vet to get a check up before giving it back to its owner.
The Heroic Rescue
Breaking News! The street was quiet and then suddenly a miracle happened. The house was on fire! The people got out in time but they forgot a tiny small kitten.
When the courageous fireman came in his truck and he got his bright torch and looked inside the house and they saw a tiny kitten lying on the floor.
It was an emergency so he took it out and he put a oxygen mask on it and put cold water on it to give it a shock. Thankfully the fireman got the kitten awake and took it to the local vet and the vet informed its owner that it is alive.